A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - April 3, 2012


God’S PROMISE
 
Though I thought I had toiled in vain, and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength, yet my reward is with the Lord, my recompense is with my God. – Isaiah 49:4
 
Three years ago, Gina, my wife, felt that the Lord was calling her to become a fulltime homemaker and devote more time for service. God’s promise was “obey in faith, and I will take care of the rest.”
Giving up her job was a great leap in faith. Though I was able to provide enough for our needs, not having a safety net was a difficult choice to make. But it was clear in our discernment that the Lord wanted her to make the jump. So he did.
She took care of our home, served with me in our community’s children’s ministry,  helped out in our kids’ school and advised a friend with the accreditation of their school.
God honored her obedience by providing for all the things we needed. God rewarded her yes by taking care of her worries. After a year of no income stream, she now earns enough from her unplanned part-time business.
But of all these, the peace she experienced with her submission to God’s will was the best blessing she has received. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
“The will of God will never take you, where the grace of God cannot keep you.”  (Unknown)
 
Lord, teach me to trust in Your goodness and promises fully; let not my doubts prevent me from obeying Your will. Amen.
 
St. Benedict the African, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive