A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

More than your genius and your appearance, God looks within you. What does He see inside? - Daily Bible Reflections October 14,2014


KABABAYAN
 
“But as to what is within, give alms, and behold, everything will be clean for you.” – Luke 11:41
 
       He calls me kababayan. Almost daily, this shabbily dressed Pinoy comes into our store in San Diego, California to buy a cup of coffee with the very little money that he carries in his pocket. Yet he often leaves loose change in my coin tray for other customers to use when they lack a penny or two.
       I learned recently that he lives in a home for adults with drug problems and psychological conditions. I once encountered him when he wasn’t “all there.” Though he looked scary on the outside, I knew that the person I had made friends with was in there. So when he came to me to say he wanted some coffee but didn’t have money anymore, I offered to pay for it. He deserved the treat.
       Every day I encounter people dressed in decent clothes and driving fancy cars, but a good number of them are rude — not like my troubled kababayan who’s untidy on the outside, but is friendly and generous on the inside. He must be sparkling like a diamond in God’s eyes. Nova Arias-Sevilla (nova.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: More than your genius and your appearance, God looks within you. What does He see inside?
 
Heavenly Father, purify my heart. Cleanse me from the inside out.
 
St. Callistus I, pope and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive