A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Are you childlike or childish? - Daily Bible Reflections October 2,2014


Memorial of the Guardian Angels
The Guardian Angels, pray for us.
 
 
CHILDLIKE
 
“Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 18:4
 
“What is it like to be a child? What are the characteristics of a small child?”
       These were the questions the teacher posed to us in a Bible study session one evening. The three most common answers from the congregation were: trusting, dependent and obedient.
          I was struck by the answers.
       Trusting because a child fully trusts his parents and never doubts them. I remember how I asked my little girl to jump into the middle of the pool where I was. Without hesitation, she jumped towards me even if the water was too deep for her.
       A child is fully dependent on his parents. He knows that his parents will provide for his needs and even his wants. My son was still little when he asked me for an expensive remote-controlled toy. Even though I could hardly afford it, God provided and he got his toy.
       And yes, a child is obedient. Tell him to do something and he does it quickly.
       I realize now that it’s a bit of a challenge to be like a child. “The gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it” (Matthew 7:14). With God’s grace, I will! Danny Tariman (dtariman.loj@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Are you childlike or childish?
 
Lord, grant me the grace to be childlike. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive