A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

“Abiding fully means praying much.” (Andrew Murray) - Daily Bible Reflections October 28,2014


Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles
 
OUR OXYGEN
 
In those days he departed to the mountain to pray and he spent the night in prayer to God. – Luke 6:12
 
       I went back to Manila from Tagbilaran by plane while my fiancé, Hester, left for Cagayan de Oro that evening. On the way home from the airport, I learned there was an oncoming storm. My heart went cold thinking about Hester’s boat ride. I calmed down when I passed by a big billboard exhorting me to trust in God’s Word. I then remembered the words in Isaiah 43:2, assuring me that God would be with Hester and he would be safe.
       He called me when they were out to sea. He calmly told me that the waters were rough. But in the background, I could hear another person on the boat with him—and she was loud about her fear!
       I will never forget that night because I couldn’t sleep. I prayed and prayed and prayed. It was while praying the Rosary that the Lord reassured me of Hester’s safety, as well as the others with him, and of our future together. The Lord saw us through that difficult night.
       Prayer is the oxygen of the Christian life. It is the dew in the morning, the rainfall at noon, the moon at night. We simply cannot live the Godly life without prayer. And if Jesus Himself prayed the whole night before making a major decision, how much more should we? Joy Sosoban-Roa (jsosoban@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: “Abiding fully means praying much.” (Andrew Murray)
 
Give me grace, Lord, to make my life a constant prayer. Teach me, Lord, how to pray.
 
Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive