A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

God will always take care of us, and when we follow His call for our lives, we will find true joy! - Daily Bible Reflections October 18,2014

Feast of St. Luke, Evangelist
 
EMBRACE THE CALL
 
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest.” – Luke 10:2
 
I remember the first stirrings of full-time missionary work when I joined an immersion to a poor community in Bulalacao, Mindoro. I was tasked to document the event as a Singles for Christ member and I was excited. I never thought it was the start of something special.
       There I met a full-time worker, Marisse Abanador, who was based in Papua New Guinea. I was moved by the sharing of her life, the beauty of her spirit, her passion and conviction. As God would have it, we sat beside each other on the long trip on the bus. I asked her about the missionary life. I was curious.
       I remember my questions, my apprehensions, mostly on financial concerns: Do you get paid? How do you survive? She shared with me about how God is faithful. How He provides. How God is using her to bless others.
       Oh me of little faith! It’s been seven years since I answered the call and I am still on full-time mission work. God has been faithful to heal all my fears and has provided for me so amazingly, even more than I ever expected or imagined. I am deeply grateful for the purpose He has given me, for the privilege of serving Him through the ministry of words. Marjorie Ann Duterte (marjorie.duterte@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: God will always take care of us, and when we follow His call for our lives, we will find true joy!
 
Dearest Father, plant the seeds of missionary service in Your children’s hearts and raise up more laborers for Your harvest. Amen.
 
St. Luke, evangelist, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive