A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Prayers don’t always have to be formal. It can be a personal conversation with God or a heartfelt reaching out of our emotions - Daily Bible Reflections September 30,3014


Feast of St. Jerome, priest and doctor
of the Church
 

THE LITTLE BOY
 
Let my prayer come before you; incline your ear to my call for help. – Psalm 88:3
 
I got elected as secretary in our social organization. This didn’t please Sita, the previous secretary. We didn’t know each other very well, but I felt she didn’t approve of me for some reason. She became uncooperative and made things difficult. I didn’t know what to do.
       But our Christmas party changed everything. Sita was a single mother and she brought her young son along. I noticed her boy sitting in a corner, looking a bit lonely. I was about to ignore him when I suddenly realized that he was more important than any petty rivalry. It was the Lord’s unexpected answer to my silent prayer. I wrapped a box of chocolates and gave it to the kid.
       To my surprise, Sita hugged me before the party ended. Since then, our misunderstandings were forgotten and we became friends.
       Many times, we feel we can solve our problems by ourselves. But when we’re hurt or confused, we can’t see the bigger picture. When we call out to God and surrender our burdens, our problems disappear in ways we can’t even imagine. Gina J. Verdolaga (mgjver@yahoo.com)
 
 
Reflection: Prayers don’t always have to be formal. It can be a personal conversation with God or a heartfelt reaching out of our emotions.
 
Lord, help me to gain strength and learn humility from my failures. Grant me more compassion for the troubles of others.
 
St. Jerome, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive