A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

In your decisions, do you consider the people around you? - Daily Bible Reflections September 15,2014


Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows
 
COMMUNITY LIFE
 
For when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. – 1 Corinthians 11:21
 
When I joined Bukas Loob sa Diyos Charismatic Community over 10 years ago, my first question was, “What’s in it for me?” Would I get richer, or cooler, or more famous? I wondered if my life really needed the change. I was content back then, so would I actually gain anything new from joining a group who sings “Shine, Jesus, Shine” with feelings?
       I attended the different youth encounters. I started serving actively in all prayer meetings. I was asked to head different ministries. I eventually became a worship leader and teacher. I gained new friends. Serving became a need instead of a want. Amidst all these, God taught me the real essence of community life. He made me see what His call was about.
       Community is not just about me. It’s about us. It’s about growing deeper in love with God together. It’s about loving each other genuinely and serving God by serving each other, no matter how difficult. This realization has led me to stay and “dine” with the community that God has planted me in, no matter how imperfect it is. Just like any family, all members must eat and drink the same amount so none will go hungry or thirsty. If one gets ahead, all must get ahead. It’s called a community for this reason. Pia Angelica J. Suiza (piasuiza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: In your decisions, do you consider the people around you?
 
God, continue to make me see Your purpose and mission for me.
 
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive