A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Are you tired and anxious about certain situations in your life? Call on the Lord who is the Great I Am - Daily Bible Reflections September 17,2014


STRESS BUSTER
 
The word of the Lord is upright and all His works done in faithfulness. – Psalm 33:4
 
       Whenever I encounter stressful moments, I call on God using personal, endearing names that reveal His character to me in the way that I need Him to be at those times.
             Take these situations I have been in.
       My wife and I were on a flight from Melbourne to catch our connecting flight in Sydney to Manila. Thirty minutes past our scheduled Sydney-Manila flight, we were still in the air trying to land. Instead of saying, “We’ll surely miss our flight,” my wife and I called on the God of order. Sure enough, our flight to Manila was also delayed and we were able to board without problems.
            At another time, a guy got my goat and sent my temper soaring right before I slept that night. So I called on the God of peace to calm my nerves. I was able to sleep soundly and later apologized to the people I had offended.
          Calling on God in an intimate, fatherly way deepens our personal relationship with Him. His words, “When you call to Me, I will answer you,” becomes a reality. Our God is not a distant God, but a personal God. Rolly España (rolly@homeliving.com.ph)
 
Reflection: Are you tired and anxious about certain situations in your life? Call on the Lord who is the Great I Am.
 
O Holy Spirit, guide me always to the path where Your grace and gifts abound.
 
St. Robert Bellarmine, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive