A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns.” (Psalm 139:23) - Daily Bible Reflections September 23,2014


SEARCH MY HEART
 
A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart. – Proverbs 21:2
 
       I’m one of those people who want to be right all the time. But the truth is, the more I strive to be right, the more God makes me realize that my perceived rightness may not conform to His.
       Like the time I decided to go in a different direction with my career when I shifted from publishing to sales. For four years, I labored to meet my targets, to make the company’s advocacy my own, and to gain financial literacy. There were months when I did well but also months when I had no sale at all. Then came a time when I asked myself, “What am I doing here?”
       I brought my dilemma to the Lord but He was silent. Then one day in May 2012, I sensed the Lord tell me, “Focus on your strengths. Use the gifts I gave you to serve Me.” Soon after, I resigned and I felt at peace. I have since focused on my work as a writer and editor and He has affirmed me to stay in this path in many ways: a third Catholic Mass Media Award for Best Youth Magazine for FiSH Magazine, continued work for a vocations magazine, and other writing/editing projects along the way.
       I am truly grateful to God, who searches my heart. He reveals to me that what I truly desire is what He desires for me. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns.” (Psalm 139:23)
 
Lord, grant me the grace to follow the desires You have placed in my heart that I may obey Your will for my life.
 
St. Padre Pio de Pietrelcina, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive