A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

As you go through other trials that shape you differently now, you rest your eyes on the Holy Cross - Daily Bible Reflections September 14,2014


Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
                                                                                                                                 
DEATH TO LIFE
 
 
“So must the Son of Man be lifted up so that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life.” – John 3:14-15
 
       I have been a romantic ever since I can remember. Just like other women, I dreamt of a fairy tale love story. After my graduation from college, I met someone who I thought was my Prince Charming and I envisioned a happy-ever-after ending.
       But my dreams turned into a nightmare and my prince consort transformed into something I never envisioned him to be. The “royal” love story went awry. Instead of a life-giving relationship, it turned out to be a dangerous liaison — not just to me but to our family.
       The danger to our lives was not just physical but also spiritual and psychological. In my search for light out of that darkness, from near-death experiences to life-giving moments, I focused on the wounds of Christ and how He suffered death on the Cross to give us life. I decided to carry my own cross to give life to my family — to die in order to live and love. As I journeyed into that dark valley, I kept my eyes firmly on Christ’s Holy Cross to bring me out into the light.
       He has led me to the end of that pilgrimage. Indeed, the Son of Man, lifted up, gave me life. Grace Relucio Princesa ( grprincesa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: As you go through other trials that shape you differently now, you rest your eyes on the Holy Cross, secure in the knowledge that lifting up death to sin and one’s self will always lead to life.
 
Lord, may the Holy Cross be a beacon and light on my way to You.
 
St. Notburga, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive