A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Are you acting like a petulant child in following God and His holy Church? - Daily Bible Reflections September 12,2014


GOOD PARENTING
 
For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward. But if I do it unwillingly, I am entrusted with a responsibility. – 1 Corinthians 9:17
 
       Here’s a typical conversation with my seven-year-old...
       Me: “Go brush your teeth.”
       Lance (whines): “Why?”
       Me: “Because if you don’t, you’ll get cavities.”
       Lance (whines more): “Why?”
       Me: “It’s up to you but losing teeth is painful, not to mention ugly. Do you think Syd will like you if you’re toothless?”
       Lance (whines again but starts toward the sink): “OK, OK!”
       It’s exasperating! These days, we no longer say, “Because I say so!” and force the children to follow. We’ve learned that good parenting must encourage instead of scare the children to submission.
       I noticed how much our Mother Church has also changed in dealing with us. Gone are the days when you go home clueless about what was said in a Latin Mass. Charismatic movements encourage a personal relationship with God. Mass media and social networking provide fresh ways to evangelize and educate.
       It is my hope that when Lance matures, he’ll choose to do the right things for the right reasons. And it is my hope that I, too, am able to show the same maturity as befitting a child of God. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Are you acting like a petulant child in following God and His holy Church?
 
Lord, pardon us for being reluctant saints. May Your Holy Spirit guide our thoughts and our decisions as we strive to follow Your will.
 
St. Ailbhe, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive