A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

What can you do that can make our Father in heaven glad? - Daily Bible Reflections November 20,2014


THE PRIVILEGED ONE
 
For the Lord takes delight in his people, honors the poor with victory. – Psalm 149:4
 
For most of my life, I thought that being less fortunate begets humility. That one can’t be proud when there are others around him who prove to be more privileged or talented.
       There was a time when I had a failed relationship and I became insecure about many things. I was self-conscious about the way I looked and how others saw me. I was so sold into thinking that I wasn’t worthy of anything better than my current situation. I felt doomed.
       But I prayed with my heart and hoped that days would turn out brighter. Then slowly, I started to feel the air that I breathed. I noticed the thick calf muscles that made me stand sturdy. I perceived my tongue that allowed me to taste every bit of salt, pepper and spices that touched it. I appreciated that I was alive! The months that followed saw me making 1,200-meter laps in the pool, doing more heartfelt renditions of my songs, taking care of my relationships more deeply, and appreciating each new day.
       God healed me inside. And these days, instead of wallowing in self-pity or insecurity, I tell myself how privileged I am. After all, I’m a child of God. Eugene Cailao (eugenecailao@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What can you do that can make our Father in heaven glad?
 
In all of life’s misfortunes, Lord, please help me to see the blessing and the strength that only You can bestow.
 
St. Edmund Rich, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive