A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Assess yourself now: How content are you with what you have and how thankful are you to God for them? - Daily Bible Reflections November 9,2014

LESS IS MORE
For I have learned to be satisfied with what I have. – Philippians 4:11
       What does a monk ask for himself? We were curious so we asked our formator, a Benedictine monk. I never forgot his reply. “Honestly, I don’t pray for myself anymore,” he said, “I pray for other people. I am content with what I have.”
       His answer kept echoing in my mind. So one day, I prayed that I might have the same attitude. Eventually, I noticed that God was gradually changing me.
       I began to be happier, more grateful and appreciative of what I have. Whenever God sent blessings my way, I saw them as bonuses. I discovered that what I really need, God had already provided, and most of what I ask for were things I could live without.
       I also became more satisfied, patient and aware of how blessed I was.
       Living in this world draws us to so many things that, sometimes, we desire to have more and more. We tend to forget to be contented and grateful for what God has already given.
       But when we train ourselves to desire less, we begin to see how God is giving us so much more. Ma. Luisa De la Cruz (theessence_byluisa@yahoo.com)
Reflection: Assess yourself now: How content are you with what you have and how thankful are you to God for them?
Beloved Jesus, teach me to be more satisfied with what You provide and make my heart thankful at all times. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive