A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Are you prepared to be a citizen in heaven? The best time to start is now - Daily Bible Reflections November 7,2014


INSURED LIFE
 
We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven. – Philippians 3:20
 
       I was among the old-fashioned and conservative Catholics who don’t believe in insurance. I used to think, “Why get one on earth when I know that my life is already insured in heaven?”
       I found an ally when my old professor in college said almost the same thing. “Wow! What faith in God,” I told myself. So my early twenties were spent in investing in higher education while my late twenties focused only on providing for my present needs.
       But when I met the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and the one I believe God had prepared for me, my perspective changed. Suddenly, getting insurance sounded practical.
       I know that I have spent most of my single life storing riches in heaven, and I will continue to do so. But the practical side of me and an unexpected death in the family have taught me that getting insurance is not a sign of a lack of faith. It is an act of preparation.
       Just as living for the Lord ensures my eternity with Him, getting insurance makes sense so that I won’t be a burden for those I will leave behind. Ems Sy Chan (havenofleeanne@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Are you prepared to be a citizen in heaven? The best time to start is now.
 
Father, help us prepare every day for our death. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
 
St. Didacus, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive