A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Are you getting tired of evangelizing others, especially your loved ones? Persevere! Charity begins at home - Daily Bible Reflections November 23,2014


Solemnity of Christ the King
 
STAY AWAKE
 
But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. – 1 Corinthians 15:20
       Knock, knock, knock! The short but brisk raps at the door became louder. I opened the door and my brother fell to the floor with a heavy thud.
       “Oh, my God! What happened to you? Who did this?” He was unrecognizable. He had black eyes and bruises on his face, his shirt torn into pieces.
       “I was held up by a guy in the jeepney and when I tried to fight back, his companion attacked me and...” He passed out, not from the beating, but because he was drunk!
       As usual, I gave a lengthy sermon, nagging him to give up the bottle because it’ll never do him any good. It wasn’t the first time he had gotten into this kind of trouble. The worst was when barangay patrolmen found him hogtied in his underwear in a grassy area in Taguig. They took him to the hospital for treatment.
       As his big sister, I never wavered in evangelizing him even if I seemed to be a broken record. But it paid off.
       When our father died of alcohol-related illnesses, my brother started to change. Aside from giving up alcohol, he started going to church. Today, my brother and his family are regular attendees of The Feast in Alabang. Beth A. Corral (bethcorral_0330@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Are you getting tired of evangelizing others, especially your loved ones? Persevere! Charity begins at home.
 

Lord, grant me the grace to always proclaim Your love and goodness to others, especially those closest to me.
 
St. Clement I, pope and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive