A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Have you talked to someone about Jesus today? - Daily Bible Reflections November 4,2014

THE BANQUET, THE
FEAST AND A BOOKLET   
 
“I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.” – Luke 14:24
 
     One meeting, Bo Sanchez challenged us, ministry leaders, to approach people and invite them to The Feast, the Sunday prayer gathering he leads. For our guide, he suggested we use Love Someone Today, a booklet on discipleship which he wrote.
       As Bo spoke, I was like, “Naah, can’t do it.” I hardly invited people to The Feast because I hated rejection. But Bo boomed, “It’s OK to fail!”
       Oh, but I don’t have a copy of the booklet, I rationalized.
       When I got home, I forgot all about Bo’s challenge. My priority was to prepare my Journalism lectures. As I opened one book, ooops, something fell on the floor… a copy of Love Someone Today!
       So I do have a copy. Why should it pop up now? Well, OK. It’s a sign. I put the booklet in my bag.  
       One day, I dared approach a coworker. She and her husband are now Feast attendees.
       In today’s Gospel, people have reasons not to attend the Master’s banquet. We can also have reasons not to dare invite people to The Feast. Too bad though, because they won’t get a taste of the happiest place on Earth! Chay Santiago (cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Have you talked to someone about Jesus today?
 
Lord, grant me the courage to stand up for You every day.
 
St. Charles Borromeo, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive