A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 14, 2011
ONE GOD, ONE PEOPLE

For God delivered all to disobedience, that he might have mercy upon all. – Romans 11:32

“May you be saved,” read the text message that a listener sent while we were broadcasting live from the radio station. Our topic: the Blessed Virgin. The listener bombarded us with text messages, telling us that we should pray only to the one true God.
Our guest priest explained very gently why we Catholics honor the Mother of God and the saints. I was trying hard not to lash out at this person for having the audacity to imply that I (and all other Catholics) was doomed. Thankfully, I was able to voice out my thoughts in a friendly way.
Our God is a merciful God. Whether we’re Catholic, or Muslim, or Protestant, or Jewish, I believe that God, in His loving mercy and kindness, will save us when we ask Him to because we are all His.
The second reading today describes what kind of God He really is. His mercy is encompassing! Gentiles and Jews, He forgave. And because He is constant and faithful, from the beginning until this day, He is the same forgiving God.
Instead of fighting over the differences in our faith, let us recognize that we all come from one God, making us one people under heaven.Nova Arias (nova.svp@gmail.com)
14
REFLECTION:
How do we handle people who criticize us for our faith? Do we respond in a loving way?

Father in heaven, remind me that every person I meet is my brother and my sister so that I may treat them with love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive