A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 3, 2011
SOLID GROUND

“O woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish.” – Matthew 15:28

We Filipinos are well-known for being a happy bunch. Sure it could be a cultural coping mechanism on our part but, on a deeper level, I wouldn’t hesitate to say that it’s because of our faith.
I say that because, on a personal level, it is that faith that keeps me going even when I have trials and challenges.
Think about it. What would you do today if you didn’t have faith? Would you continue doing what you’re doing? Would you seek to be kind to people around you? Would you even want to live?
I have come to treasure this faith so much, this undeserved gift that I so often take for granted. Because when everything is dark and I feel like I’m just hanging on a thread, I get reminded of Hebrews 11:1: “Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen.” And life becomes simpler. Yes, I can and will put my hope in the Lord and His good plans for me.
And though it sometimes takes much effort, I get back on solid ground. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
“Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us… persevere in running that race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith” (Hebrews 12:1, 2).

Strengthen my faith, oh Lord. Enable me to hold on to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive