A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 19, 2011
MY PAPA LOVED JESUS

“Wherever you go I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge, your people shall be my people, and your God my God.” – Ruth 1:16

Many people ask me why I became Catholic even though my father was Hindu. Well, my answer is plain and simple: because Papa made us feel that he loved Jesus even though he was not Catholic.
How did he love Jesus?
When I was six years old, my dad pointed out to me a crucifix. He said, “Arun, follow this God who died for you.”
During my first communion years later, to our surprise, my dad received communion, too.
Papa was so happy the day my mom, my older brother and I joined a Charismatic community.
He drove us to outreaches, missions and community activities. He picked us up anywhere when we came home late because of our ministry work.
He prayed with us.
He loved all those that Jesus loves.
We felt God’s love through him.
On his death bed, my Papa received the Sacrament of Baptism.
He loved Jesus.Arun Gogna (gognaa1@yahoo.com)
REFLECTION:
How willing are you to share and care for the people you love the most?

Jesus, Lover of my soul, please show me the people around me who need my love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive