A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 5, 2011
DENYING ONE’S SELF

“Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.” – Matthew 16:24

Four months after we got married, my husband and I finally found an apartment which we immediately grabbed because of its very affordable rate. It was near the church, school, market, municipal hall and very accessible to public transportation.
Little did we know that the apartment we transferred to was in an area where you’d have to pass through a narrow alley, where neighbors regularly hold drinking sprees at night and where you sometimes wake up at dawn from the shouts of drunkards fighting.
I felt that living there was denying myself of the ease and comfort of living with my parents in a clean, peaceful and decent residential area in Quezon City where I grew up.
Nonetheless, I shrugged off my concerns and discomforts. Rather, I focused on the joy of our discovering each other as we lived on our own. Obeying the precepts of Jesus for marriage, I knew that loving and serving my husband was my primary concern then. Sol Saura (sol_saura@yahoo.com)
5
REFLECTION:
Are you prepared to abide by the conditions of following Jesus?

Lord, I want to be Your disciple. I take You as my Master. Teach me to obey Your precepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive