A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 13, 2011
PROJECT: TABLE RUNNER

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” – Matthew 19:14

My 10-year-old son had a huge, life-changing, and generation-defining project: a newspaper table runner. His teacher’s objective was to strengthen the parent-child bond by getting them together to work on the project. Aside from the table runner, my son was required to submit photos documenting our “partnership.” Under the first photo, he wrote the caption: “First day of the job. Dad helped me out.”
There are times when helping the young with their mundane projects like table runners or with the more complex ones called life drains my physical, mental and emotional reserves. But I also learn valuable lessons:
• Some kids follow life in a straight line, while others zig-zag along life’s pathway. It’s best to “zig” with them in love and with courage.
• Young people need unconditional love because they live in a conditional world.
• Praying with them and reading God’s Word together work miracles.
• Young people need to develop a relationship with Christ that is based not on rules but on a deep love of Jesus.
Raising the young is not disturbance to our work. It’s our work. Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail com)

REFLECTION:
Has God placed young people in your life? Do the work, friend! “The kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Father, teach me how to receive the young people as You did. Grant me patience, faith in them, and perseverance if I have to “zig” my way through their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive