A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 2, 2011
Oh, Me, of Little Faith!

But when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened... – Matthew 14:30

Many times in my life, God has called me to step out in faith and walk on water, just like Peter.
Resigning from my demanding and high-paying job two months after I got married was one of them. I felt God was calling me to prioritize building our family over pursuing my career. So with all the courage in our hearts, my husband and I decided that I’d stop working full-time.
Fear, however, started to grip my heart after I left my job. I started thinking, “Could we really afford to pay all our bills with only my husband working? How about the equity and monthly amortization of our newly acquired home? Could we afford to have a child at this time?”
I started to “sink” in my doubts and fears. But God saved me from drowning further in my doubts and fears by dispelling them with His love and His timely provisions.
He gave my husband a new and better paying job. God also took care of all our financial concerns and provided for us in ways beyond our imagination. Like He said, “It is I; do not be afraid.”Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
2
REFLECTION:
What causes me to be frightened at this time of my life?

Lord Jesus, save me from sinking in the sea of doubts and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive