A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 30, 2011
SPEAK UP

“What kind of words are these? With authority and power this man gives orders to the evil spirits, and they come out.” – Luke 4:36

When I was in college, I was walking along a street in Manila and saw an old Caucasian man talking to a very young girl and her teenage brother. It appeared like the old man and the teenager were haggling. I wasn’t sure but something in my gut felt that they were bargaining over the price of the child. I felt bad I couldn’t do anything about it.
Looking back today, I know I should have spoken up against evil that day. I realize now that there was nothing to be shy or afraid about standing up against injustice, against people who abuse and disrespect human dignity. Someone said that for evil to triumph in this world, all you need is for good men to do nothing. I think evil endures when good men say nothing, when we keep quiet and tolerate it.
As children of the light, we have the duty to speak up when we see evil happening in our midst. Jesus gives us the same power and authority He exercises in today’s Gospel to stand up against the evil in this day through the sword of the Holy Spirit which is in our hands. Scripture gives us the power, wisdom and courage to stop darkness in its tracks. Marjorie Duterte (marjorie.travels@gmail.com)
30
REFLECTION:
“When the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you will be filled with power, and you will be witnesses for me…” (Acts 1:8)

Father, fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may have the strength and courage to confront evil and fight it for others’ sake. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive