A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 4, 2011
FAITH IS A GIFT

“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” – Matthew 16:16

I have a good friend who is Australian and is a self-confessed atheist. We talk about everything under the sun but carefully avoid the subject of religion.
Finally, one day, the great debate came. My friend was curious about heaven and my faith, and engaged me in an argument of logical reasoning. After years of quiet tolerance for fear of appearing uncool or being mocked, I spoke up.
I explained that faith is like the air that we breathe — you can’t see it but it doesn’t mean it’s not there. I could no longer hide who God is to me and what He means to me. It was a great relief to bravely acknowledge before an unbelieving friend that there is a God and that Jesus is the Son of the living God!
My friend and I are still friends. Although he still struggles with the idea, he acknowledges that faith is a gift, and it is the duty of those who have it to share it with others. I continue to pray that one day his heart will be open to receiving the greatest gift of all, that is, the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ, our Savior.Marjorie Duterte (marjorie. travels@gmail.com)

4
REFLECTION:
It doesn’t matter what other people think of me. What matters is what God thinks of me and what I think of Him.

Dearest Father, may I always acknowledge Your presence before others. It is because of You that all things exist. You are holy. Glory be unto You now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive