A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

God’s promises to us are revealed in the Scriptures. They come to those who truly believe - Daily Bible Reflections August 15,2015

Solemnity of the Assumption of the
Blessed Virgin Mary
 
 
PAPA SAID SO
 
“Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” – Luke 1:45
 
       I had a big, ugly wart on the back of my right heel when I was little. It was bothersome, so my father suggested having it cauterized. But I was afraid of doctors.
         The thought of getting my wart burned horrified me. In his effort to allay my fears, Papa told me that the procedure would be quick and that I wouldn’t feel a thing. Of course I did. How I wailed and screamed! I knew it was not going to be painless, but my faith in Papa’s words made me put my fears aside and agree to see the doctor. What a relief it was to get rid of that wart.
       Mary knew her mission was not going to be easy. Yet, there was no saying no because she was told that “the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you” (Luke 1:35). Her great faith in God was all it took for her to embrace her destiny. Now, we already know what a great blessing to mankind her obedience by faith brought forth. Nova A. Sevilla (nova.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: God’s promises to us are revealed in the Scriptures. They come to those who truly believe.
 
O God, may my faith grow deeper each day in You who are ever faithful to Your word.
 
St. Alipius, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive