A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

A heart that is open to appreciate every blessing would always be bigger than the eyes that see what is missing - Daily Bible Reflections August 24,2015


Feast of St. Bartholomew, Apostle
 
NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL
ROSARIO
 
“You will see greater things than that.” – John 1:50
 
April 2012. I learned I was named Rosario because I was born on October 13, the last day of the Virgin’s apparition at Fatima, where she revealed herself as the Our Lady of the Rosary. That inspired me to get my own image of our Lady as my 50th birthday gift to myself.
       So I engaged a sculptor. The deal however was cancelled when the source of the ivory to be used became doubtful. To arrest my disappointment, a priest friend going to Fatima offered to get one for me. Unfortunately, his pilgrimage got canceled.
    The following February, my aunt was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. As a dying request, she asked me to have her old and tattered religious image in the stockroom restored.
       Days before she died in April 2013, she told me how she, my mother and their brother, as children, would recite the rosary in Spanish with their grandmother every night before the “Nuestra Señora del Rosario.” And she wanted me to keep the family heirloom!
     God had better plans. After one year and a couple of disappointments, He granted my wish, only better. I also got entrusted with the Señora! Marie Franco (mariefranco_pie@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: A heart that is open to appreciate every blessing would always be bigger than the eyes that see what is missing.
 
My Lord, release me from my impatience. Open my heart so that I shall see things more beautiful and greater than what I’d ordinarily see.
 
St. Bartholomew, Apostle, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive