A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

When God says, “No” or “Wait,” does your trust meter take a dive? Or do you keep your hopes up? - Daily Bible Reflections March 5,2015


TRUST EXERCISE
 
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is the Lord.” – Jeremiah 17:7
 
       The prayer brigade was in full blast. Friends and our intercessory ministry were already storming heaven with prayers. And yet prayers for the healing of my son’s broken hand were not being answered. The threat of an operation still hovered. The doctor presented grim scenarios if the surgery is not done.
       I’m usually bratty in these situations. My relationship with our Father God is so comfortable that I pout like a spoiled child when things don’t go the way I want. But as we waited in another doctor’s office to ask for a second opinion, I felt God prodding me to mature in faith. That’s when I surrendered. I said, “Lord, Your will be done. I trust You’ll take us through this.” In my mind, I started singing and dancing joyfully in praise regardless of the upcoming diagnosis.
       The second doctor looked at the X-ray and said, “The bone is set straight. There’s no need for surgery.” He said it simply and matter-of-factly that I felt all our past worries were so senseless. But then again, that was probably just an exercise in trust. When I learned to trust, God answered. Lella M. Santiago (lellams88@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: When God says, “No” or “Wait,” does your trust meter take a dive? Or do you keep your hopes up?
 
Father God, I trust that Your great love will help me surpass all my difficulties.
 
St. John Joseph of the Cross, pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive