A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

“It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” (Dalai Lama XIV) - Daily Bible Reflections March 31,2015

HOLY TUESDAY
 
DYING TO YOURSELF
WITH A SMILE
 
Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me?”– John 13:38
 
       “Who doesn’t have a pencil?” I asked my Grade 2 Religion class. I then distributed some almost- new pencils to those who raised their hands.
       “Tita Banjoy, I still have a pencil,” a boy said, smiling as he motioned to return the pencil I gave him. “My seatmate has no pencil. Can I give it to him instead?” he asked.
       As a catechist, I always stress to children that to make others happy, we need to make a little sacrifice with a smile.
         “Jesus made the greatest sacrifice for our salvation,” I tell them. “We have to give up what makes us happy to make others happy. That way, we also make God happy.”
       I smiled at him and nodded for him to give the pencil to his seatmate. I brushed his head tenderly with my hand to affirm him and asked him to show me his pencil. He smiled as he lifted his short, three-inch pencil. Banjoy N. Santillan (pasantillan58@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” (Dalai Lama XIV)
 
For Your glory and the happiness of others, Lord, let me make little sacrifices in my life.
 
St. Stephen of Mar Saba, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive