A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

“The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring.” (Victor Hugo) - Daily Bible Reflections March 28,2015

WHEN ENVY STRIKES
 
So that from that day on they planned to kill him. – John 11:53
 
       I was four years old. My friend, Apple, and I were playing when her nanny gave her a cold bottle of soda. Oh, how I wanted to have that refreshing soda for myself! I asked money from Mom to buy my coveted drink. She was surprised because all I ever drank was juice and water. She asked, “Why do you like soda all of a sudden?” I threw a tantrum and yelled, “Apple is drinking soda! Why can’t I?”
       Jesus was gaining popularity and the people believed in the good He had done. So it was ironic that the Pharisees and chief priests plotted to kill Him. And for what? For doing good. That’s how envy works — it dampens your joy, suffocates your compassion, and ruins your appreciation of others’ goodness.
       The Pharisees and chief priests witnessed the amazing things Jesus did and were awed by His wisdom. They probably even admired Him. But envy overcame their better judgment and sowed the seeds of hatred and murder in their hearts. They couldn’t have what Jesus had so they plotted to kill Him.
      Guess what happened after my tantrum? Mom didn’t give in. Because she knew I wanted to have soda only because I envied my friend. Thank God for my wise mom who taught me to guard my heart from the deadly sin of envy. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring.” (Victor Hugo)
 
Lord, humble me and take the envy away from my heart.
 
St. Hesychius of Jerusalem, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive