A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - April 7,2013

NO FEAR

 
When the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst. — John 20:19
 
Many years ago, I attended a seminar in the U.S. In one of the sessions, each group had to brainstorm a particular case study and present their solution to the class. To my surprise, I was chosen by my American group mates to be the presenter. I was trembling inside for I felt I didn’t have a full understanding of the case because of time pressure.
Armed with a few notes, I began my presentation. The instructor asked me some questions and I was able to answer them. When I returned to my seat, my group mates were all smiles. One of them even told me, “I couldn’t have possibly done what you did.”
In today’s Gospel, Jesus’ disciples were locked in a room for fear of the Jews, probably thinking that they would suffer the same fate as their Master. But when Jesus showed Himself and breathed His Spirit on them, all their fears were washed away. They had renewed courage to fulfill their God-given mission.
We may have fears that dominate our lives and we hide behind locked doors. Let Jesus’ Spirit enter the closed door of our hearts and break us free from the fears that have chained us for so long. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What are you afraid of? Know that God is with you in the midst of your fears.
 
I surrender my fears to You, O Lord. Fill me with Your peace.
 
St. John Baptist de la Salle, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive