A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - April 29,2013


Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, virgin and doctor of the Church
 

EMBRACING THE CROSS

 
“Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me.” – John 14:21
 
When I was young, my parents would remind me that following the Lord and loving Him is the only way to live a happy life.
As I grew older, I realized that loving and serving God isn’t easy at all. I didn’t expect trials and challenges would come to hinder my journey in pursuing my apostolate. Instead of affirmations, I would be persecuted for the good things I did for Him. Financial problems and other difficulties arose which made me struggle in following Him. Oftentimes I would ask myself, does God really love me?
In reading the lives of saints, I saw how much they suffered as they followed the Lord. This inspired me to stand up and continue serving Him through various ministries that I am involved with.
No servant is greater than his master. If the Lord carried the cross of my sins, then with His grace, I, too, will embrace the cross of serving and following Him. Dho Rimando (dougsterrimando@yahoo. com.ph)
 
Reflection: Keep on serving and loving the Lord even in bad times. For in the end, the reward is peace and happiness.
 
Lord, teach me to embrace the crosses and trials that come my way.
 
St. Catherine of Siena, virgin and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive