A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - April 21,2013


MORE THAN ASKING

 
“My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” – John 10:27
 
Today, as soon as I open my eyes, the first thing that comes forth from my lips is, “Thank You, Lord.”
Many years ago, when I was in the middle of a financial crisis, waking up was a struggle for me. I knew that as soon as I awoke, the problem would hit me right in the eye. I had credit card debts, and I was also being hounded by investors of a failed business that my cousin and I had put up. Those were dark days for me, and all I would do was worry, cry and get mad. I didn’t know where or whom to turn to.
I couldn’t even tell my husband. But one day, he found out and talked to me. His words hit me hard. “Have you asked God to help you? I’m sure He talks to you, but do youlisten?” Then he led me to pray. As we did, my whole body, especially my heart, was on fire. Because as I laid out my problems to Him, a different calmness took over me. The key to prayer, which I learned that day, was to talk to God and then listen.
As I listened to God, I also learned to trust in Him until my faith became stronger.
Prayer is much more than asking. To pray is also to listen and to follow Him. Chelle Crisanto (ellehcmaria@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: We are the sheep of the Lord. Listen to His voice because we know that no one can snatch us out of His hand.
 
Lord, I need to learn from You. Speak to me and fill my heart with the humility to obey.
 
St. Anselm, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive