A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - April 5,2013


Easter Friday
 

DO YOU WANT TO SEE JESUS?

 
When it was already dawn, Jesus was standing on the shore; but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. – John 21:4
 
I stared at the picture of a sick child posted in the elevator. The boy was only seven years old and looked very frail. His body was skinny but his tummy was bloated. He had a liver ailment and needed a major operation. Below his picture were contact numbers and a bank account where one can make a donation.
Then I reached my office floor and I stepped out of the elevator unmoved by the child’s plea for help. I justified my reaction by thinking, “A lot of people will read that poster and the child will get enough donations.”
Three weeks later, I received an email from our HR officer. It was about the same sick child. I don’t know what happened to me but I suddenly felt guilty about the way I had acted a few weeks back. I asked forgiveness from God because I didn’t see Jesus in the helpless child. I gave a personal donation and also enjoined a few friends to give.
In today’s reading, the disciples, too, didn’t immediately recognize Jesus. They only realized it was Him when He gave them instructions. Initially, I also didn’t see Jesus in the sick child needing help. I forgot that Jesus said that loving Him includes helping the sick, visiting the prisoner and feeding the hungry. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Don’t experience Jesus through prayers and Mass only. Experience His presence when you help others who are in need.
 
Jesus, let my faith come alive as I see and serve You in others.
 
St. Vincent Ferrer, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive