A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - April 19,2013


SIDELINE
 
“Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” – Acts 9:4
 
I was once hard-line with my convictions. I subscribed to an ideology that placed me “left of center” in the political spectrum and I reveled in my belief that I was serving my country by being “radical,” by joining farmers and the marginalized in protest marches against the oppressive administration, and supporting the ousting of foreign military bases in the country. I may not have persecuted Christians but I turned away from Jesus and made an ideology my way of life.
I try to place myself in Paul’s shoes at that very moment when Jesus asked him the life-changing question in the above verse. “Dina, Dina, why have you forgotten Me? Why did you choose an ideology over Me?” I could only bow my head in shame and cry tears of remorse. While change for the good was what I had intended to help bring about, there’s no excuse for purposely pushing Jesus to the sideline.
I look back to my “old life” and feel no regret but only thankfulness to Christ who called me by name. He healed me of my “blind” belief and taught me the divine ideology: only faith in Him will bring about real change and lead us to eternal life. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ would take the slums out of people, and then they would take themselves out of the slums. (Ezra Taft Benson)
 
Forgive me, Jesus, for the times I chose lesser things over You.
 
Blessed Luchesio and Buonadonna, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive