A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 6, 2012


Not Found Wanting

“Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men.” – Luke 5:10
“You will be in Manila for World Youth Day 1995.” That was the Lord’s message to me in 1994 when I wanted to attend the World Youth Day. I was still in Cebu then and there seemed no way for me to attend the gathering. I thought to myself, if it was God who had spoken to me, then it will happen.
In October 1994, my Catholic community called me to full-time service in Manila. It was a decision I made at the drop of a hat, knowing in my heart it was a fulfillment of my lingering desire to give the Lord my all. In November 1994, I arrived in Manila. My community was tasked to serve in various capacities during that momentous World Youth Day gathering. I was assigned to serve the journalists covering the event. During World Youth Day 1995, I was at Hyatt Hotel, serving the Church, serving my Lord. His Word to me came to pass.
The Lord prepares our heart, speaks His direction and fulfills His Word. Our work is to be in a state of constant preparation, to listen and to obey the Word that He speaks. May He not find us wanting. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
REFLECTION:
How have I prepared my heart so that I can hear and understand God’s direction?
Soften my heart, Lord. Let me be fertile ground for Your Word.
Blessed Claudio Granzotto, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive