A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - September 3, 2012


FREE
 
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord.” – Luke 4: 18-19
 
I was an accomplished liar, a sly thief, a selfish cheater.
I was only 12 years old.
Many things I did in my younger years were very shameful. I told lies without abandon so I could avoid punishment. I took money from my mother. I would play, while my sibling and cousins do housework. When I studied in Don Bosco, I realized how bad I had been. (They may not be death-row type of crimes, but many of the corrupt and evil men today started with these misdemeanor.) My conscience bothered me.
A breakthrough came during a recollection. I reflected on my sins and asked God for forgiveness. I went to confession and felt clean for the first time in my life.
Gradually, I turned away from lying and stealing. I played fair and carried my share of work. Though I am far from perfect now, I can say that it is nice to be out of prison.
God’s mercy knows no end. Now, I’m free.Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
What sins have kept you away from God? Resolve to be free from this prison.
 
Lord, by Your grace and mercy, forgive me and thoroughly cleanse me. Free me from my sins. Amen.
 
St. Gregory the Great, pope and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive