A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

What is your New Year’s resolution? Is it childlike or childish? - Daily Bible Reflections January 18,2015

Feast of Sto. Niño
 
MY WISHFUL
THINKING
 
“Let the children come to me; do not prevent them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” – Mark 10:14
 
       On March 2, 1980, my husband, Ed, and I named our firstborn Ronaldo Antonio. On August 31, 1983, we named our second child Paolo Luis.
       Fast forward to November 24, 2013. At 11 a.m., Ed and I were at the SMX Convention Center, venue of the Kerygma Conference 2013, the big inspirational gathering founded by Bo Sanchez. As members of the media ministry of the conference, we were to cover the arrival of the most distinguished guest of the conference. On my notebook, I wrote his name: Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle. And I smiled.
       Every Catholic mother, I guess, wishes that one of her sons would become a priest. I am not exempted. And the closest I got to fulfill that wish was to give my sons second names similar to the name of the Archbishop of Manila. It’s just a coincidence, right?
       Today’s reading helped me realize it’s all right that my sons, now in their 30s, have chosen vocations far from my grandiose wish. What I pray for every day is what really matters: as Mark 10 puts it, that they will be like the little children who are welcomed in heaven. Cynthia U. Santiago(cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What is your New Year’s resolution? Is it childlike or childish?
 
Lord, this year, may I become more and more the child You created me to be.
 
St. Charles of Sezze, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive