A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

“Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid for the Lord God is my strength and my song.” (Isaiah 12:2) - Daily Bible Reflections January 14,2015


TRIUMPHANT
SUFFERING
 
Because he himself was tested through what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested. – Hebrews 2:18
 
The American doctor on the cruise ship told me I had shingles. I felt a sharp pain on my left shoulder and arm, and the doctor said it would take weeks, if not a month, to heal. But I was on vacation and I was excited to visit Ephesus, the place where St. Paul had journeyed and where Mama Mary lived after Jesus died.
         As I experienced my suffering, I reflected on Jesus’ own agony. That encouraged me to join the shore excursions to Selçuk, a modern-day town in Western Turkey a couple of kilometers away from Ephesus. We visited Mary’s house and I washed myself with the “miracle” water near there. I also prayed on a “wishing wall” where petitions were pinned on a stone wall. I lifted my petitions to Mary who also suffered a great deal.
       I was able to endure the two-kilometer walk through the ruins of Ephesus under the noonday sun. Miraculously, my shingles and the pain were gone in a few days and I was able to enjoy the rest of the trip. Truly, Jesus and Mary’s suffering had helped me through this fretful situation. I trusted the Lord and His sufferings healed me. Donna España (donna@homeliving.com.ph)
 
Reflection: “Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid for the Lord God is my strength and my song.” (Isaiah 12:2)
 
Lord Jesus, I trust in You at all times and in all circumstances. I believe that You will always be by my side. Amen.
 
Servant of God John the Gardener, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive