A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The more unforgiveness and grudges we hold, the farther our hearts move away from our Father - Daily Bible Reflections October 9,2013


PRISONER

 
“And forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us...” – Luke 11:4
 
“He doesn’t deserve my forgiveness!” Michie regularly posted this as her status on her Facebook account to indirectly assault her ex-boyfriend. It had been months and Michie was still bitter.
       Her best friend Anna couldn’t take it anymore. After one church service, she asked Michie if she prays the Lord’s Prayer with her heart, especially the part that says, “as we forgive those who sin against us.”
       Michie saw this as an attack. But Anna explained, “Remember when we were in college? Billy was courting me. But you made ways to be closer to him. When the two of you became a couple, I died inside but forgave you anyway. I forgave you even before you said sorry. Michie, you’ve been hurting people and you always think you’re the victim. We all don’t deserve forgiveness but it’s through God’s grace and mercy that we receive it — the same way I asked God to help me forgive you, again and again. Your ex is very happy now, but look at you, miserable. Don’t be a prisoner of your unforgiveness.”
       Michie cried and embraced Anna. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: It is not about who deserves forgiveness. The more unforgiveness and grudges we hold, the farther our hearts move away from our Father.
 
Holy Spirit, help me to forgive. I cannot do this on my own, Help me forgive as to how much You have forgiven me, again and again and again.
 
Blessed John Henry Newman, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive