A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

God’s love is fire; and it is our mission to spread this fire to all His people - Daily Bible Reflections October 22,2013


KEEP THE FIRE BURNING!

 
“Gird your loins and light your lamps.” – Luke 12:35
 
I used to be a strong distance runner. Life then was all about running: wind against my face, heart rate in an upbeat tempo, lean body and sturdy legs built to run for hours on end. I thought I would be strong forever.
       Until I gradually stopped running. I lost the “fire” and enjoyed vices with wrong friends. Undisciplined days turned into months, then years. Worse, I had the illusion that I was still strong.
       So when friends challenged me to run, I sneered and underestimated every opponent. When the gunshot signaled the start of the race, I ran as confident as a racehorse. Competitors ate my dust. But just as I passed the 100-meter mark, I started panting. I had difficulty breathing, then I got dizzy. I had cramps in my chest and was brought to the hospital. If not for the doctors, I would have been dead meat!
       Pride ruled. I started strong but ended wrong. I repented and made a resolve to follow God. Now I run a new marathon — the marathon of faith. With Him, I’ll finish strong!
       Empowered by grace and the Holy Spirit, all of us can win the gold! Champions, let’s get it on: “Ready, get set, go!” Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: God’s love is fire; and it is our mission to spread this fire to all His people. (St. Vincent de Paul)
 
Lord, keep the fire of the Holy Spirit burning in my heart.
 
St. Peter of Alcantara, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive