A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Do you doubt God’s promises when the dark night is too long? - Daily Bible Reflections October 21,2013


LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

 
Abraham did not doubt God’s promise in unbelief; rather, he was empowered by faith and gave glory to God. – Romans 4:20
 
For more than 30 years, parts of my family life were in darkness, then in semi-darkness. My children and I were in the shadows of violence.
       During that “walk through the valley of darkness,” I did not fear for I knew God was at our side. His rod and staff gave me courage (Psalm 23) to lead the family towards the light of love, forgiveness and understanding.
       I clung to the promise of Romans 8:28, “We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called to his purpose.”
       My eldest is now a lawyer. The second works at the United Nations. The third is a doctor. The fourth is a French major and the youngest is in his last year of Commerce. We are all glorifying God in our divine purposes here on earth. The experience shaped me for the work I do for the Philippine feminized labor migration which is sometimes an escape from domestic violence. Grace Princesa ( grprincesa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you doubt God’s promises when the dark night is too long?
 
Please, Lord, always reassure me that You carry me in the palms of Your hands when life is at its darkest.
 
St. Hilarion, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive