A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

When was the last time you counted your blessings? Start again, now - Daily Bible Reflections September 26,2013


A LEAK IN THE PIPES

 
Whoever earned wages earned them for a bag with holes in it. – Haggai 1:6
 
Our water bill usually amounts to P2,000. One month, to my mom’s surprise and shock, our bill skyrocketed to P51,000! There was a leak in the pipes under the house so no one noticed it. Good thing we were able to have it fixed right away.
       There are many things that can act as leaks in our lives. Materialism can leak out hard-earned money we try to save. Anger can leak out love we receive from others. Sin leaks out the self-confidence and peace we have. And ingratitude can leak out the joy in our lives. As for me, there was a time when I allowed my negative attitude to leak out all the joy in my life. Blessings were flowing into my life, but I was focused on the things that went wrong, the things I wasn’t getting, the things others had which I didn’t. This resulted in my being sad, burdened and depressed. It cost me a lot of happiness.
       One day, God fixed my leak. I saw a man lying on the sidewalk curled up in his torn-up T-shirt, shivering in the cold. I then realized that my problems are so small compared to his; he didn’t even have the basic necessities of life. I made the decision to stop focusing on the negative and to be grateful for all my blessings. When I put on that attitude of gratitude,  joy started to fill up my heart once again. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: When was the last time you counted your blessings? Start again, now.       
 
Thank You, Lord, for everything that I have.
 
Sts. Cosmas and Damian, martyrs, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive