A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How do you deal with criticism? - Daily Bible Reflections September 25,2013


MOVE ON

 
“And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet.” – Luke 9:5
 
As a broadcast media practitioner, I am exposed to the criticism of my radio listeners and TV viewers. There will always be somebody who will oppose my views, or comment about my weight, or simply say that they don’t like me.
       One day, a listener expressed his or her disagreement with me and sent an offensive text message while I was on the air. That affected me. I shared this incident with a priest-friend of mine because the bad feeling lingered for a couple of days. He replied, “There was nothing wrong with what you said, so shake the dust from your feet!”
          In other words, “Move on.”
       The Twelve Apostles surely faced a great amount of criticism and rejection. Yet they journeyed on from town to town to spread the Good News because they carried the Truth in their hearts — the Truth was their source of strength.
         In similar situations, if after examining our conscience we find that we are on the side of Truth, just move on. We cannot please everybody, anyway. Nova Arias-Sevilla (nova.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: How do you deal with criticism?
 
When there are bumps on the road of life, give us the strength and courage, Lord, to continue our journey. Amen.
 
St. Elzear and Blessed Delphina, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive