A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

God doesn’t want you to bring people to Jesus. God wants you to bring Jesus to people. (Bo Sanchez) - Daily Bible Reflections September 9,2013


WHERE I FOUND JESUS

 
God chose to make known the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; it is Christ in you... – Colossians 1:27
 
When I was in college, I began an earnest search for my Christian God. I attended Catholic Charismatic groups while taking part in Protestant prayer gatherings.
       In the end, I chose to be a Protestant. Their Bible study was so structured that I learned a lot about the God that I yearned to know. But something disturbed me.
       It was the way a friend shunned his family after failing to evangelize them. He moved out of his parents’ home and declared, “Let them rot in hell!”
       Is this what will become of me? After learning all I can, will I become judge and jury of my fellowmen and condemn them for their apparent sins?
       In contrast, I remembered the people in the Catholic Charismatic groups and how they shared their shortcomings and weaknesses. Because of their own failures, they support and encourage others who are also struggling. Their humility, compassion and mercy moved me and revealed to me what I had been looking for all along.
       I searched and finally found God, not in the books that I read, but in the hearts of the people who loved as Jesus did. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: God doesn’t want you to bring people to Jesus. God wants you to bring Jesus to people. (Bo Sanchez)
 
Father, remind me to carry Jesus in my heart to all the places that otherwise He may never reach.
 
St. Peter Claver, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive