A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

To forgive is the highest and most beautiful form of love - Daily Bible Reflections September 19,2013


CHARACTER MAGNET

 
Her many sins have been forgiven; hence, she has shown great love.” – Luke 7:47
 
“Character magnet” is one of the pet names I have for Mom. For some reason, Mom has this uncanny ability of attracting and befriending persons whom other people would rather avoid. Her best friend of more than 30 years is argumentative. Her aunt rambles on about the past for hours on end without giving Mom the chance to speak. Her former boss accused her of something she did not do. Her only daughter (me) is both her best friend and nagging critic.
       How does she deal with these difficult characters? With forgiveness, love and understanding. She told me, “I’m a difficult person, too, you know. And a sinful one at that. But the Lord never seems to get tired of taking me back whenever I ask for His forgiveness. The least I can do is love others like He loves me.”
       I am blessed and honored to learn from the way Mom lives and loves. Her example reminds me to be thankful for the merciful love of the Father shown through the sacrifice of His Son. And the best way to respond to such a great love is to also love especially those who are the hardest to love. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: To forgive is the highest and most beautiful form of love. (Robert Muller)
 
Jesus, You have shown us Your great love by Your death and resurrection. Teach us also to love much those who need most to be loved. Amen.
 
St. Januarius, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive