A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

When things go wrong, do you panic or do you trust? - Daily Bible Reflections September 8,2013

Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary
 

A MATTER OF CONTROL

 
Or what king marching into battle would not first sit down… – Luke 14:31
 
If you drop by our office, you’d notice that my work area has lots of checklists and charts on the side panels.
       At a single glance, I’d know what our magazine’s theme is for a particular month, what the deadline is, and who are the assigned writers for each column.
       I’d also know what date a particular issue of Kerygma was delivered, and whether it was delayed or not.
       I or the other managing editors would know what magazine our layout artist is working on during a particular week.
       My management and industrial engineering background has taught me the value of planning and control in any undertaking so as to maximize the utilization of resources.
       Applying it in my present job is a challenge though.
       Sometimes, no matter how “deadly” the deadline is, a writer will fail to turn in his or her article. Or I would take long in finishing mine. Or the artist would get sick. Or the printer ‘s equipment will break down.
       When these things happen, I pause and lift it all up to God. Because no matter how much planning and control I do, things can still go wrong. I can only trust that with God, who is behind the work that we do, everything will fall into place. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When things go wrong, do you panic or do you trust?
 
Lord, may I learn to always trust that You, not I, are in control of everything.
 
St. Adrian, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive