A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Daily Reflections- May 24, 2012


THE ONE YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
 
“I wish that where I am they also may be with me…” – John 17:24
 
I once heard a story about a girl who was having a hard time choosing between her two suitors.
She consulted her father and laid down the pros and cons of each suitor. In the end, the girl said, “Dad, I can live the rest of my life with either of them. Please help me choose.”
To this the father replied, “Choose not who you can live with, but who you cannot live without.”
In today’s Gospel, Jesus already knows that He would die for us so that we could enter the kingdom of heaven. But that is not enough for Him. He goes the extra step and begs the Father to allow us all to enter heaven and experience God’s glory with Him.
It makes me think that Jesus died on the cross not only because He alone could save us, but because He couldn’t bear not saving us. Pepper Bruce (pepper.bruce@gmail.com)
24
REFLECTION:
Do I truly appreciate the gift that Jesus gave to me through the Cross? How have I shown my appreciation?
 
Father, as Jesus died on the cross to save me from my sins, let me realize that I cannot live without His love and His saving power.
 
St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive