A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - May 09, 2012


LANCE
 
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
 
Lance has never been a TV addict. He’d rather run and play ball outside. He’s not a wide reader either. He’s been known to “chew” on books but only in the strictly literal sense. But when I read or watch TV, Lance does it with me. He may not be too ecstatic about the activity but what he actually enjoys is simply being with me. By the way, Lance is our very devoted dog.
I see myself in Lance. My love and devotion to my Master, my relationship with Him, my “snuggling close to Him” is the biggest thing in my day, in my life. What makes Christianity different is that it’s not a religion. It’s a relationship. While others point to a code, or “pillars,” or a “green book,” or a “path,” or even “secrets” on the way to salvation, Jesus points you to a Person. Remaining in Him is the essence of life in full.
It’s this relationship that gives us joy, changes our lives, gives us victory, makes us holy, fills us with hope, and yes, brings pleasure deep down. This “remain in me” relationship is what brings about “fruit” in my life.
How could I not remain in Him? Jesus is my life. Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
Do you live life today with the Person of Jesus or do you just go through the motions of your religious rituals?                                                                                                                                                                             
 
Jesus, let me know You even more personally today. This is an old prayer that I may have forgotten to say, but I know that I need more of You in my life.
 
St. Catherine of Bologna, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive