A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - May 08, 2012


The Fallout
 
They were strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain firmly faithful, for they said, “We must go through many trials to enter the Kingdom of God.” – Acts 14:22
 
In the late 1990s, there was a start-up village south of Manila. It had a beautiful clubhouse with a pool, a basketball court, but no place of worship. Sunday Mass was celebrated at the clubhouse with an improvised altar and dozens of plastic chairs. It didn’t take long before a group of parishioners, moved by their faith and gung-ho spirit for service, worked relentlessly to build their own chapel. That dream came to fruition but not without fallouts. Some of the original volunteers withdrew from the group, disheartened by the intrigues and endless bickering as the fundraising activities and
construction were in progress.
It’s disconcerting that even church organizations are not exempt from scandals, politicking and squabbles. Members are turned off, they walk out and stop serving the Lord.
Are you a fallout? I was. I allowed the difficult situation to outweigh my sincere desire to serve. If only I remained firmly faithful, I wouldn’t have wasted years of not putting to good use the talent God has given me to be His servant. Marie Franco (mariefranco_pie@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
The evil one loves to create chaos to delay me in my journey. Will I allow that to happen or should I remain focused in my path?
 
Oh Lord, enlighten those who are unsuspectingly being used by the evil one to pose as my roadblocks. Let them be my grace builders.
 
St. Peter of Tarentaise, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive