A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - May 15, 2012


ghost vs. God’s word
 
Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house.... The jailer... was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God — he and his whole household. – Acts 16:32, 34
 
“I saw a ghost early this morning in the kitchen,” our spooked helper reported. Another one confirmed, “We often hear the toilet in the driver’s room flushing by itself.”
Before long, I had a scared household. The maids always wanted to do their household chores in twos, especially at night. I knew I had to intervene before the situation got out of hand. I needed to wield my weapon, the Sword of the Spirit.
So I gathered our helpers one evening. We prayed. I opened the Bible and shared with them how the devil can use fear to paralyze us. While ghosts do exist, the Lord’s power surpasses that of the evil one, I added. I also told them how our house was a fulfillment of a promise God made to me many years ago and my ensuing belief of His protection upon our home.
My helpers received God’s Word with joy. Their fears were overcome with faith.
We also discovered that to exorcise the “ghost” in the driver’s room, all we needed was a plumber. Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
15
REFLECTION:
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
 
Lord, let the truth of Your Word reign supreme in my life.                                                                                       
 
St. Isidore the farmer, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive